Volvo Recruitment 2020 | Design Engineer – Seats and Controls | BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech – Mechanical Engineering | Bangalore
Company: Volvo Group
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research ,cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions.
Company Website: www.volvo.com
Positions: Engineer – Seats and Controls
Industry Type: Automobile
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
Experience: 3 – 6 Years
Education: BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech – Mechanical Engineering
As an engineer, you will work in all engineering phases, from advanced engineering to concept generation, detailed development and industrialization. Engineering documentation is done in Catia V5 and Kola. Other typical tasks include writing technical specifications, leading our supplier teams, defining product structure and working closely with feature responsible, testing engineers and product planning.
You will work globally with development of Cab Seats and Controls concepts, advanced engineering projects and implementations for all Truck Brands. Your role will strengthen the Seats and Controls team and contribute to Volvo GTT vision within this area.
The role is cross functional which means you will drive issues within the whole Volvo GTT organization and closely cooperate with suppliers, purchasing, manufacturing, testing, aftermarket etc both locally and on other sites within Volvo GTT.
Required skills :
- 3-6 years Mechanical Engineering experience; Min 2 years’ experience in Automotive or heavy truck industry in Cabin development.
- An understanding of design constraints of various manufacturing processes is a plus, especially regarding plastics, composites, sheet metal, and porous materials
- Experience in Material behavior and mechanics is a must
- Experience and understanding of legal demands
- Knowledge of testing and validation of components and systems is required
- Experience in a major CAD system preferably Catia V5 is a plus
- Experience in using PDM systems is a plus.
Application Link: Click Here