Jobstron may revise these Terms at any time by posting an updated version to this Web page. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current Terms because they are binding on ‘You’.
Users who violate these Terms may have their access and use of the Jobstron Sites suspended or terminated, at Jobstron’s discretion.
1. Eligibility Criteria:
2. Registration and Password :
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account access information and passwords. You shall be responsible for all uses of your Web Site registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You are not authorized to share your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and breach of this obligation may tantamount to disabling the Jobstron account and Jobstron Services. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your Account, and passwords.
3. Registration Information:
The Company reserves the right to offer third party services and products to You based on the preferences that You identify in your registration and at any time thereafter; such offers may be made by the Company or by third parties. Please see the Company’s Privacy Statement for further details regarding your Information.
4. Use of Content:
Jobstron authorizes You, subject to these Terms, to view and a single copy of the content available on or from Jobstron.com and to access and use the Jobstron Sites and the Jobstron Content (as defined below) and to download and print a single copy of the content available on or from the Jobstron Sites solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. The contents of Jobstron.com, and of all other websites under the Company’s control, whether partial or otherwise (Jobstron.com and such other websites are sometimes collectively referred to as the “Jobstron Sites”), such as designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files and other Jobstron content (collectively, “Jobstron Content”), are protected under both India and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. All Jobstron Content is the property of Jobstron or its licensors. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Jobstron Sites is the exclusive property of Jobstron and is protected by Indian and international copyright, trademark, and other laws. Unauthorized use of the Jobstron Content may violate these laws and/or applicable communications regulations and statutes, and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademarks, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Jobstron Content on any authorized copy You make of the Jobstron Content. You may not sell or modify the Jobstron Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Jobstron Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of Jobstron, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers or that otherwise infringes Jobstron’s intellectual property rights.
Any code that Jobstron creates to generate or display any Jobstron Content or the pages making up any Jobstron Site is also protected by Jobstron’s copyright and You may not copy or adapt such code.
You may not use any of the Jobstron Content on any other Web site or in a networked computer environment (including, without limitation, by uploading or republishing Jobstron Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporating the Jobstron Content in any other database or compilation for any purpose). You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that the Company creates to generate any Jobstron Content or the pages making up any Jobstron Site which is also protected by the Company’s copyright. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause.
5. Site Restrictions
Users shall not use any Jobstron Site in order to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update, distribute, share, store or destroy material, including without limitation Jobstron Content,
- In violation of any applicable law or regulation,
- In a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of others or
- Violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others,
- That belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to,
- That is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy,
- Threatening, abusive or hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating encouraging money laundering or gambling or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever,
- Harm minors in any way,
- Deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such message or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature,
- Impersonate another person or entity,
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of Jobstron’s computer systems or site or Jobstron’s users, customer’s computer systems or site,
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states or of public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or insulting any other nation.
Users are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of any Jobstron Site, including, without limitation the following activities:
- Accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any Jobstron Site, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mail bombing” or “crashing”; or
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
6. Use of the Services:
The job posting, resume database (“Jobstron.com Resume Database”) and other features of the Jobstron Sites may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information and by employers seeking employees. In addition, the Jobstron Communities may be used by individuals for permitted professional and personal networking purposes. Your use of the Jobstron Services is also subject to any other contracts You may have with Jobstron. In the case of any conflict between these Terms and any contract you have with Jobstron, the terms of your contract will prevail. The term “post” as used herein shall mean information that You submit, publish or display on a Jobstron Site.
7. Specific Prohibited uses
The job posting and resume database features of Jobstron.com may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking employment and career information and employers seeking employees.
The Company specifically prohibits any other use of Jobstron.com, and all Users agree not to do any of the following:
- Post any resume or apply for any job on behalf of another party;
- Defer any contact from an employer to any agent, agency, or other third party;
- Set more than one copy of the same resume to public at any one time;
- Solicit passwords or personally identifiable information from other Users;
- Post any jobs on any Jobstron Site for any competitor of Jobstron or posting jobs or other content that contains links to any site competitive with Jobstron;
- Post jobs or content on any Jobstron Site that contain any hyperlinks, email addresses, HTML Tags, “hidden” keywords, repetitive keywords or any keywords that are irrelevant to the job or are otherwise misleading contained in a job posting are prohibited;
- Post jobs for modeling or talent or talent scouting positions on any Jobstron Site;
- Use any Jobstron Site Resume Database for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees, including but not limited to using the information in the Resume Database to sell or promote any products or services;
- Post or submit to any Jobstron Site any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own;
- Post on any Jobstron Site any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an upfront or periodic payment, pays commissions only (except for postings that make clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling, in which case such postings are permissible), requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- Send unsolicited mail or e-mail, making unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes regarding promotions and/or advertising of products or services to a user of any Jobstron Site;
- Post jobs or content on any Jobstron Site that contain multiple job requirments in one description/posting or refreshing the same job multiple times;
- Post jobs or content on any Jobstron Site seeking money, periodic payment in any form.
- Post jobs or content which are not exactly offering jobs but offer services such as immigration /visa processing etc
- Delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on any Jobstron Site’s infrastructure;
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search any Jobstron Site other than the search engine and search agents available from the Company on such Jobstron Site.
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of any Jobstron Site;
- Aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Jobstron Content or information available from any Jobstron Site including expired job postings, other than as permitted by these Terms; or
- Frame or link to any of Jobstron Content or information available from any Jobstron Site.
- Use the Jobstron Services for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity, or post or submit any content, resume, or job posting that is defamatory, libelous, implicitly or explicitly offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person or include any links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind, as determined by Jobstron’s discretion.
The Company also specifically prohibits any use / insertion of any of the User’s URL, web link, e mail address and website while posting any job on Jobstron.com and all Users agree not to use / insert any of the User’s URL, web link, e mail address and website while posting any job on Jobstron.com.
On nonconformance by users of any of the aforesaid terms as envisaged in section 3 and 6 above, Jobstron may in its sole discretion, restrict or terminate the offending User’s ability to access the Jobstron Site(s) and determine whether to take any other actions or to remove or request the removal of the User Content. Jobstron has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Additionally, Jobstron has the right to initiate appropriate proceedings against the offending user as per law.
8. Terms for Companies/ Employers:
Jobstron’s paid clients/customers who use the site for their recruitments related requirements, and who will now be able to leverage the network through their authorized recruiters. As part of Professional Networking , the company would be able to connect with a larger audience by having direct followers of their profile, and also through connections of their recruiters. Through their company profile, they will be able to showcase their company environment, policies & other important information, and engage jobseekers through Polls & Surveys.
They will have sole responsibility of authorizing & managing the recruiters associated with their profile at their own discretion. In the event any of the Employer recruiter’s, engagement terminates with the Employer, having Jobstron’s Professional Networking representation for the Employer, it shall be the sole responsibility of the Employer to immediately notify Jobstron about the termination of engagement with the said recruiter and appointment of a new recruiter. Employer shall ensure to keep informed Jobstron changes / updates in their recruiters as and when any changes thereof from time to time.
Additional Terms Applicable to Employers:
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your employer account, Profile and passwords, as applicable. You may not share Your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and You shall be responsible for all uses of Your Jobstron Site registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You agree to immediately notify Jobstron of any unauthorized use of Your employer account, Profile, or passwords.
Employers are solely responsible for their postings on Jobstron Sites. Jobstron is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to Your use of any Jobstron Site and Jobstron shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any entity posting jobs on any Jobstron Site.
You understand and acknowledge that if You cancel Your employer account or Your employer account is terminated, all Your account information from Jobstron, including saved resumes, network contacts, and email mailing lists, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from Jobstron’s databases. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Jobstron’s web servers.
In order to protect our Jobstron Community Users from commercial advertising or solicitation, Jobstron reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails which an employer may send to Users to a number which Jobstron deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Candidate profiles derived from User Content may also be made available through the Sites. Jobstron does not make any representations regarding the accuracy or validity of such derived works or their appropriateness for evaluation by employers. Derived profiles may vary significantly from User Content.
9. Terms for Job Seekers:
Jobseekers have the capability to connect with other job seekers on Jobstron website through their respective Jobstron Accounts. This connect can happen only among seekers who have some common background like being colleagues at a company, college alumni, through their connect on email/social networks, or through their common connections on the Professional network. Job Seekers can use their profile in Jobstron Account for their Professional Network. Job Seekers may limit their profile access & visibility on the Professional network at their discretion. They can also control the flow of social activities related information to their contact IDs using their account settings.
The Public profile will be accessible to all for social activities. It shall be visible & available for search to the network; can be imported as connections; can receive request for recommendation / endorsements, and can share their accreditations like assessments or certifications etc. within their network.
The Limited profiles shall be accessible and visible to its connections only and can share their accreditations like assessments or certifications etc. within their network.
The Private profile shall be restricted and not open to connections, and will not be searchable for social activities.
As a jobseeker, you understand and acknowledge that if you cancel your Jobstron account or your Jobstron account is terminated, all your information in the Professional network, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from Jobstron’s databases and will be removed from any public area of the Jobstron Sites. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Jobstron’s web servers. However, your connections and third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
Additional terms applicable to Job Seekers
When You register with any Jobstron Site, You will be asked to create an account and provide Jobstron with certain information including, without limitation, a valid email address (Your “Information”).
Any Profile You submit must be accurate and describe You, an individual person. The Profile requires standard fields to be completed and you may not include in these fields any telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses or other means of contacting You, other than Your last name and URLs.
You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by You on the Jobstron Sites.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your Jobstron account or Your Jobstron account is terminated, all Your account information from Jobstron, including resumes, Profiles, cover letters, saved jobs, questionnaires will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from Jobstron’s databases and will be removed from any public area of the Jobstron Sites. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Jobstron’s web servers. In addition, third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
Jobstron reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity.
10. Terms for Recruiters:
Recruiters associated with Jobstron’s paid Clients, Customers/ Employers can create their Individual recruiter profile on Jobstron website, which shall be registered by Jobstron at its sole discretion. These recruiters will function as authorized users of their company’s Jobstron account(s). They can use their profile to manage their company’s profile, post jobs, do database searches and perform other recruitment related activities for their company. They can have a direct connect with the jobseekers, who can follow them to know about their activities.
Such authorized recruiters shall be solely responsible for managing Professional Networking profile and will not be able to represent the same account as soon as their engagement terminates with their respective Company. However, such recruiter’s Professional Networking profile will be there on Jobstron’s Professional Network containing the basic information of such recruiters along with the followers, which can be used by the recruiter for any other Jobstron Employer on association with the other Jobstron Employer. Jobstron reserves the right to delete or remove of any such individual authorized recruiters without notice if it comes to Jobstron’s knowledge or if it is otherwise notified to Jobstron that it infringes and/or violates any third party’s Trade Mark, Copy right and / or any other intellectual property right and Jobstron may also terminate access to its Website permanently.
A Job posting may not contain:
- Any hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorized by Jobstron;
- Misleading, unreadable, or “hidden” keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented, as determined in Jobstron’s reasonable discretion;
- The names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of your customer save where expressly agreed by Jobstron;
- The names of colleges, cities, states, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting;
- More than one job or job description, more than one location, or more than one job category, unless the product so allows;
- Inaccurate, false, or misleading information; and
- Material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18.
You may not use Your Jobstron job posting to:
- Post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property;
- Post jobs that require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulations, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract;
- Post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a job posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job;
- Sell, promote or advertise products or services;
- Post any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- Post any business opportunity that requires an upfront or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- Post any business opportunity that pays commission only unless the posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling;
- advertise sexual services or seek employees for jobs of a sexual nature;
- request the use of human body parts or the donation of human parts, including, without limitation, reproductive services such as egg donation and surrogacy;
- endorse a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue;
- Promote a particular religion;
- Post jobs located in countries subject to economic sanctions in compliance with the laws of respective State jurisdiction; and except where allowed by applicable law, post jobs which require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political beliefs
- Philosophical or religious beliefs
- Membership of a trade union
- Physical or mental health
- Sexual life
- The commission of criminal offences or proceedings or
- Age .
JobsTron.com reserves the right to remove any job posting or content from site, which in the reasonable exercise of Jobstron’s discretion, does not comply with the above Terms, or if any content is posted that Jobstron believes is not in the best interest of Jobstron.
Use of the Jobstron Resume Database by Employers
You shall use the Jobstron Resume Database as provided in these Terms and in any contract You have with Jobstron. You shall use the Jobstron Resume Database in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, and You agree You shall not further disclose any of the data from Jobstron Resume Database to any third party, unless You are an authorized recruitment agency, staffing agency, advertising or other agency or using the resume explicitly for employment purposes.
You shall take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect the data You have obtained from Jobstron Resume Database from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. You shall not share Resume Database seat-based license login credentials with any other party, nor share Resume Database pay-per-view license login credentials with any party.
The Jobstron Resume Database shall not be used:
- For any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees, including but not limited to advertising promotions, products, or services to any resume holders;
- To make unsolicited phone calls or faxes or send unsolicited mail, email, or newsletters to resume holders or to contact any individual unless they have agreed to be contacted (where consent is required or, if express consent is not required, who has not informed you that they do not want to be contacted); or