ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2020 | Yuvika – 2020 | 2020 Batch | Ahmedabad/ Bangalore/ Shillong/ Thiruvananthapuram | Last Date: 24th February 2020
Company: Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO]
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO] is a Research and Development organisation engaged in application of Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self- reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them.
ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources. The Indian space programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development.
Company Website: www.isro.gov.in
Positions: ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2020
Program Date: 11th to 22nd May 2020
ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Students who have finished 8th standard and currently studying in 9th standard (in the academic year 2019-20) will be eligible for the programme.
- Students who are studying in India including OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) are eligible for the programme.
ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2020 Selection Process:
- Selection is based on the 8th Standard academic performance and extracurricular activities.
Selection criteria are given below:
|Performance in the 8th Std Examination||60%|
|Prize in school events conducted by the School or Education board from the year 2016 onwards (like Elocution, Debate, Essay Writing) at District/ State/ National/ International Level (The higher level will be considered for weightage)||2/4/6/10%|
|Winners of District/ State/ National/ International Level sports activities conducted by School or Education board from the year 2016 onwards (The higher level will be considered for weightage)||2/4/6/10%|
|Scouts and Guides/ NCC/ NSS Member – during the current academic year (2019-20)||5%|
|Studying in Rural School (Certificate of proof to this effect to be produced from the head of the school – Criteria: The school, where the candidate is studying should be located in Block/ Village Panchayath Area)||15%|
Note: Students belonging to the rural area have been given special weightage in the selection criteria. In case there is a tie between the selected candidates, the younger candidates will be given priority.
ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2020 Details:
- It is proposed to conduct the residential programme during 11 – 22 May 2020, at 4 centres of ISRO.
- The selected students will be requested to report to any one of the ISRO/ DOS centres located at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Shillong and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The selected students will be accommodated in ISRO guest houses/hostels.
- Expenditure towards the travel of student (II AC fare by train from nearest Rly Station to the reporting centre and back), course material, lodging and boarding etc., during the entire course, will be borne by ISRO.
- II AC fare will also be provided to one guardian/parent for drop and pick up of student from the reporting centre.
ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2020 FAQ: Click Here
How to Apply For ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2020:
Interested students can register online through ISRO website (www.isro.gov.in) from 03 February 2020 to 24 February 2020 (1800 hrs).
For More Details & Apply Link: Click Here