General Motors Recruitment 2018 | Design Engineer | BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical, Production, Automobile, Tool Design | Bangalore | April 2018
Company: General Motors Corporation
General Motors Company, commonly known as GM, is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts, and sells financial services. The current company, General Motors Company LLC (“new GM”), was formed in 2009 following the bankruptcy of General Motors Corporation (“old GM”), which became Motors Liquidation Company. The new company purchased the majority of the assets of the old GM, including the brand “General Motors”.
General Motors produces vehicles in 37 countries under twelve brands: Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Holden, HSV, Opel, Vauxhall, Wuling, Baojun, Jie Fang, and Ravon.
Company Website: www.gm.com
Positions: Design Engineer – Transmission Design
Experience: 2 – 5 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
Qualification: BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical, Production, Automobile, Tool Design
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design of Automatic Transmission components
- Read and understand the issues mentioned from various resources, like PRTS, E2, email, etc
- Verify the information with supportive applications like MPL, APM, GDM, Part finder, UG, TcAE
- Attend the project related meetings with DRE to understand product quality improvement requirements.
- Revise (or) create the math files and update per EWO design intent.
- Release base lines of math data’s in TcAE and Support on creating drawings and GD&T updates with dimensional engineering team.
- Technical & functional strength
- Knowledge of GD&T and Tolerance Stacks (UG Stack Manager)
- Experience in Automotive Transmission Design
- Global engineering requirements: Change management, UG NX, PRTS, TcAE
- Good working knowledge of UG NX solid modeling and surface modeling
- Good communication skill in English (oral & written)
Apply Link: Click Here